This house sold in 5 days for $50,000 over asking price!
Have our real estate staging professionals help you sell your Guelph home faster!
Recently, Guelph has seen a vast amount of new homes being built and older homes being restored in neighbourhoods across the city. This increase in new and improved housing means that buyers have a wide selection of homes to choose from when house hunting. To remain competitive, sellers need to ensure that their home stands out in the crowd. This is where home staging comes in to play.
When selling your home in Guelph, it’s important to remember that home staging isn’t a cost, it’s an investment. Fortunately for sellers, home staging is an investment with a high return. For one family in Guelph, an average-size investment in home staging helped them sell their home for $50,000 over asking price after only five days on the market, for a 3341% return on investment.
How is this possible you ask? With the assistance of home staging, this Guelph family was able to transform their house into a dream city home for buyers.
Before listing their property, our home staging team in Guelph made a few simple changes:
- Replaced dark wall colours with light neutral paints
- Replaced existing dining and living room furniture with high-end rental furniture to help improve flow between and within the rooms
- Created a luxury master bedroom through a combination of rental furniture, beautiful accessories and new wall colours
- Highlighted and created storage space in rooms throughout the house
- Increased open space through decluttering and cleaning
Through these simple changes, our Guelph home staging team depersonalized this family home and created a welcoming environment for all buyers. Removing personal touches from a home, such as family photos and bold colours, and replacing them with stylish, but neutral, elements creates an atmosphere that buyers are drawn to. When paired with a great real estate team, our Guelph home staging expertise helped this family sell their home for over asking price and in record time.